The St. Marys Correctional Center and Jail is located three miles north of St. Marys on State Route 2 in Pleasants County. It was formerly known as the Colin Anderson Center, which was established in 1932. The Colin Anderson Center was closed in spring of 1998, at which time the transition was made to convert the facility to a medium security correctional institution.
With the aging offender population and a need to house them accordingly, the facility offers a unit that is specific for those needs. St. Marys has a relatively flat campus that meets the needs of those in wheelchairs, and others with mobility issues. To include those mentioned above, in total St. Marys has a daily count of 610 inmates.